World Kindness Day is a global day that promotes the importance of being kind to each other, to yourself, and to the world. The purpose of this day, celebrated on November 13 of each year, is to help everyone understand that compassion for others is what binds us all together. This understanding has the power to bridge the gap between nations and enable us to live a happier life by being kind to ourselves as well!
It has been rightly said, “Working hard is not a waste of time, but a state of mind. Keep pushing your limits until you reach the edge. Then be kind and rewind!” This statement stands true, especially when applied to the lifestyle of women entrepreneurs.
Research shows that self-care has an important role to play when it comes to mental and physical health; it certainly boosts the lives of women entrepreneurs and their entrepreneurial journeys.
Since time immemorial, womenhave been cast in the role of perennial caregivers and the moment they try taking care of themselves, they are branded ‘selfish’ or ‘self-centred’. In fact, many women themselves believe that self-care is selfish. However, fortunately, in the recent past with all the pep-talk, enlightening books and discussions, women entrepreneurs are realising the importance of being ‘kind’ to themselves.
- Women multitask big time! Additionally, if you are a woman entrepreneur, you perhaps barely have time to breathe! Under the given situation self-care habits including smart planning and daily assessment, are non-negotiable.
- Allow yourself to prioritise, no matter how busy the day is. Choose one activity that takes a decent amount of time and makes you extremely happy, relaxed, or joyful and indulge it in to relax.
- Reflecting on your day for just a few minutes will go a long way in not just decluttering your mind but also helping you to calm down and unwind.
- Accept what you are feeling or at least acknowledging it – both positive and negative. Also, the second step should be trying to express it to relieve undue pressures caused because of supressed feelings.
- Always celebrate your achievements. Take some time to look back at how much you’ve learned, what you have accomplished, it doesn’t matter if it’s big or small and give yourself the much needed ‘pat on the back’!
- Make time for yourself without feeling guilty. When you are focused on working towards reaching your goals, it can be complicated to make time to take care of yourself. But, you have to MAKE the time because you can’t just wait to have that free space. You can use that time to connect with your loved ones and remain mentally healthy.
So, if you have not been practising these golden rules, let’s begin now; and which better day to begin than World Kindness Day? Remember to be kind to yourselves!