We know ‘Mompreneurs’ are those special women, who balance the roles of being a mother and entrepreneur, with super expertise. Actually, it is not a choice between family and career, for these motivated ladies; they put in all effort to excel in both – to be a wonderful parent and a great business owner.
Being a mother as well as an entrepreneur is indeed a strenuous task. Even though it is challenging, the passion for work that is ingrained in these Moms, can make it seem that nothing is impossible!
Today, we can see more Moms stepping out to start their own businesses. Looking after a family and raising a child is hard work but it’s also empowering. Also, looking back, the 9-5 work schedule has not been accommodating to mothers, and flexible timings were not always available. These realities pushed women to chase their dreams and start their own business, which led to the exclusive community of Mompreneurs. .
Starting your own business isn’t easy. It takes all your time, energy, dedication and money – in fact, so does being a Mom! Motherhood and business ownership require serious commitment. When both roles and responsibilities are combined, there is a lot that has to be organized, managed and cared for too.
How do you can conquer the challenges of running a business and raising a family? Here are some tips:
• The guiding light must be passion: Working Moms strive with passion, both in and out of the home. Frankly, they work with passion because of a deep love for their family and the need to support them or they may be passionate about a product or service they have created (or want to create) and want it to grow and prosper. Delving deep into this passion, it is seen that it will help fuel their willpower to succeed and strengthen their ability to successfully start and run a business. And if you are driven by a passion for what you’re doing, it’ll definitely, reduce some of the stress of being a Mom and an entrepreneur.
• Plan ahead efficiently: Plan and work each phase of your business. Search for every small opportunity to save time and make the work smoother, easier. Try to end everyday by making a to-do list and getting everything arranged for the next day. Use a master calendar plan to keep track of all your professional and personal commitments.
• Ask for help: Don’t try and do everything on your own. We know if you are a Mom, you want full control, and you may want to do everything on your own. But, you must remember that the most successful business owners delegate and outsource work.
• Focus on one thing at a time: Multitasking is important for Mompreneurs, but there are times, when you need to focus on one specific task. That might mean just settling down in your office and getting work done; or overlooking some meetings or email for an hour or two, to take a break to enjoy ‘fun’ time with your kids. Maintain that work-life balance.
• Stay healthy: Most importantly, health must be kept in check. Very often, many entrepreneurs prioritize their business over their health. But Moms know how sickness of one family member can stagger the entire household to a halt! Keep healthy habits and ensure the family is fit too. And, don’t worry about taking a break if your child or you are coming down with an infection.
Now, follow these tips and it can help you get started at being a great business-owner Mom!