Today, we encounter a disturbing environment landscape. Look at the pollution-ridden capital city, that is becoming more difficult to live in. Negligence of this issue may lead to fatal circumstances. Or is it reversible? Is it too late to take steps now?
What can the business world do? And, as far as business is concerned, they can “go green”. What are the benefits of a business “going green”?
When a business organisation makes a concerted effort to reduce its carbon footprint, its negative environmental impact – that is a positive move, and that represents “going green”.
Today, we are encouraged to see more and more businesses focused on “greening” the environment, unlike earlier times like the 1990s and early 2000s. On a positive note, in 2019, customers are placing more value on sustainable companies and, smart businesses are appealing to their concerns.
Starting a business today or stepping into entrepreneurship, comes with more concerns than in the past. Many green businesses start out with the intention of leaving a positive impact on the environment. These companies demonstrate business practices designed to provide a healthy and sustainable future for itself and its customers.
So, if you are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur, it will help to keep some things in mind. Starting a “green” business can be satisfying as you make your impact on the world around you. The rapid increase in environmentalism has created a growing market for eco-conscious consumers.
The benefits for “going green”are many, as you can see.
- Build your brand: ‘Sustainability’ and sustainable business are hot topics today. In addition to the tangible environmental and financial benefits that result directly from adopting sustainability ideas – there is a clear brand benefit from doing so. This is a topic that cannot be ignored especially among Millennials and Gen-Z customers, both current and potential future customers. Analyzing your business, fixing what types of sustainability projects can work for your business, can actually help you improve the environment, and your bottom line too!
- Legal and regulatory compliance: Laws exist in most states and countries that mandate environmental compliance in various ways and forms. Every year more laws are passed, to help increase the positive impact of “going green” in Earth’s ecology. The Environmental Protection Agency has launched its 2020 Action Agenda; and this is a massive plan to reduce carbon emissions, while promoting sustainability; this has actionable consequences, as well as incentives for being ahead of the green curve.
- Efficiency saves money: Interestingly, increasing energy efficiency saves on utility costs. Reusing existing material in creative ways, recycling, streamlining transportation saves the earth for sure, and it also implies money saved.
- Green marketing awareness: When a business goes green, it makes customers feel that it is a trustworthy business. “Green” products are the choice of customers today, especially the Millennials.
- Impact on employee morale: Going green doesn’t attract positive feelings from customers, but employees also feel ‘safer’ working for green businesses. Involving workers in company-wide green initiatives boosts morale. Employees feel that they are well cared for.
- Green as a status symbol: As more and more international companies go green, the idea of going green is becoming a status symbol today!!
So, when it comes to the benefits of “going green” for a business, the benefits far outweigh any negatives!! Plus these initiatives will pay back rich dividends over the years, not only in terms of money but also in the “feel-good” factor, which highlights the fact that the company is kind to the planet!!