Exclusive schemes for Maharashtra
Women Policy 2013 laid down by Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of Maharashtra
This policy has articulated some provisions for encouraging entrepreneurship and employment among women. The provisions are as follows:
- Cooperative organizations run by women are given special concessions to do business in textile, sugar factories, milk processing, fisheries, food processing etc.
- Special training is imparted to women for running small scale industries and to be self-employed.
- Women entrepreneurs are rendered training in communication skills which is necessary for running business.
- Special training and various other necessary supports will be given to women so as to help them in business agreements with international organisations.
- Renowned entrepreneurs are asked to give lectures to promote entrepreneurship among women.
- A financial corporation is established from which only women entrepreneurs will be benefitted.
- Women’s credit societies are established to encourage loans at low interest rates.
- In order to encourage women entrepreneur’s independent machinery is established. Single window facility is provided for necessary applications, permits, approvals, financial assistance, agreements with companies abroad etc.
- Provisions are made in order to reserve 10% plots for women entrepreneurs in Maharashtra State Industrial Corporation (M.I.D.C.) as well as in upcoming industrial development belts.
- Required actions are taken to enhance women enterprises in C.S.R.(Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives of private industries.
National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN)
NEN was established in the year 2003 and is Wadhwani Foundation’s flagship initiative. Its mission is to enhance and support the high growth of entrepreneurs, by creating entrepreneurship as a catalyst for job-creation and economic growth in India. This network was co-founded by IIT-Bombay, IIM-Ahmedabad, BITS-Pilani, SP Jain Institute of Management & Research-Mumbai and Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology –Bangalore, NEN is primarily supported by the Wadhwani Foundation.
Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme
Under this programme entrepreneurs who are SC/ST/OBC/minority/women/ex-servicemen/physically handicapped are provided with a loan of 95% of the project cost in order to give financial assistance from public sector banks, regional rural banks or IDBI. Project cost comprises of capital asset cost and working capital. Any individual above the age of 18 years is eligible for the scheme provided they have passed class VIII. https://www.indiafilings.com/learn/maharashtra-subsidy-schemes/
Seed Money Scheme (SMS)
Under this scheme soft loan in the form of equity is provided to unemployed persons to encourage them to become entrepreneurs. This loan will help them to meet part of margin money requirements for applying for bank loan. An individual who has a plan of establishing an industry or service business with a project cost of up to Rs 25 lacs and is residing in Maharashtra is eligible to avail this scheme. The entrepreneur must be unemployed and domiciled in the state of Maharashtra for last 15 years and should be between the age group of 18 to 50 years.