Exclusive schemes for Bihar

TREAD (Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development) Scheme for Women
This scheme has been introduced to help the oppressed and weaker section of society in order to earn their livelihood. This schemes aims to assist women with access and control over resources. Both literate and illiterate women from urban as well as rural areas can avail this scheme. The scheme provides training, information and counselling activities related to trades, product manufacturing and services. Finances are also provided to women as it’s the most serious problem women face. Government grant 30% of the total project cost and the rest 70% is given as loan to the woman by lending institutions.

Bihar Industries Association (BIA)
The main objective of the Association is Industrial Development of the State. It draws the attention of State and Central Government towards various shortcomings in the Industrial sector so that they can implement various schemes to assist the labour force and entrepreneurs. It also helps in formulating of healthy legislation and State policies for development of Industries in Bihar. The body is active since 1943 and it has got an experience of more than 66 years.                     

Sarkari Yojana, Bihar
The State Government of Bihar has launched the Student credit card Scheme in the State so that they can apply for education loan of up to 4 lakh. This scheme envisages up to 5 lakh students. One can also apply for Modi Business Loan Scheme under the Sarkari Yojana scheme. The Government will grant a loan up to 15 lakh for starting new enterprise in the State. Visit the Sarkari Yojana official portal for more information regarding loans and other schemes.

Swarnajayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana
This program was launched in the year 1999 and active till date. It emphasise self-employment with the help of various organisations like self help groups, organisations that provide training, credit, technology, infrastructure and marketing. Its main aim is to provide sustainable livelihood opportunities. It is mainly for the families living below poverty line. It is a centrally sponsored scheme.

Women Development Corporation, Bihar
This corporation is registered under Registration Act 1860. The body functions under Department of Social Welfare, Government of Bihar. It is a nodal agency. It works with association of Community Based Organizations and various NGOs. It aims at empowerment of women and girls.

Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP)
This scheme is given by Ministry of Women and Child Development and is active since 1986-87. It is a Central Government scheme. This scheme assists women above the age of 16 years. it motivates women to take up economic activities and arranges programmes and workshops for skill development in employability and entrepreneurship sector.

Nitish Kumar releases Bihar’s startup policy
Chief Minister of Bihar Nitish Kumar announced the new Bihar Start-up Policy 2017. He announced a funding of Rs 500 crore in order to encourage and assist entrepreneurship activities in the State. He also built a committee for selection of start-up applications who require funding. He said there should be transparency in funding and selection procedures.

Bihar State Financial Corporation(BSFC)
Bihar State Financial Corporation was made in the year 1954 under SFCs Act, 1951 to advocate Small and Medium Scale Industries by providing financial assistance. Since then it is playing pivotal role in growth of tiny, small and medium industries in the erstwhile State of Bihar (Presently Bihar and Jharkhand).