Exclusive schemes for Uttar Pradesh
Women Entrepreneurship Scheme 2014-2015
This scheme was launched by the Uttar Pradesh (UP) government on 2 December 2014 with a single motive to empower women and establish their participation in the industrialization process.
Under this scheme, the UP government is pushing-up micro-level and individual traditional industries and handicraft units to form a special purpose vehicle (SPV).
A cluster of 25 or more such units is eligible for availing the benefits under this scheme. It will help to boost traditional Indian craft such as chikankari, terracotta, zari, zardozi and toys.
Highlights of the Women Entrepreneurship Scheme 2014-15
• The Central government will grant up to 70 percent of the 15 crore rupees under the scheme.
• The women who are unemployed can avail easy seed capital to start their own micro or small enterprise.
• The loan will be granted by nationalized banks, financial institutions or the State Financial Corporation for the purchase of plant and machinery.
• The beneficiaries are allotted a loan of Rs 50000 per year at five percent interest subjected to a ceiling of 2.50 lakh rupees in five years.
• Both manufacturing and service sector units can avail the benefits of this scheme.